Okay you guys, I am blushing! I received Liebster nominations this weekend from two very kind fellow bloggers who are obviously as wise as they are beautiful. My sincere thanks goes out to thecheekydiva.com and daysift.com. Thank you ladies!
Interestingly, one nomination is a nod for bloggers with less than 200 followers and the other is for bloggers with less than, (cue the constricting chest) 3,000 followers. 3,000!!!! Do people actually have more than 3,000 followers? More than 200 even?
I hit 70 awesome followers this weekend and wrote each name on a piece of paper, threw them all on the bed and rolled on them. Never mind! I heard it as soon as I said it. That was too much information and now I’ve made you feel uncomfortable. I apologize! But I swear to god, I was absolutely giddy with delight. I’d put you all in my pocket and take you home with me but — again, too far right? Dammit!
The third illustrious award that I was nominated for this weekend, once again by my sister from another mother was the Family of Bloggers Award. This award is near and dear to my heart since thecheekydiva.com and I have concluded we are probably long lost sisters but are both unwelcome at the upcoming family reunion! I’ve decided I’ll still send a nice egg salad with double mayo and may or may not keep it refrigerated because I’m mature like that.
I am truly humbled to be acknowledged by my peers. I live vicariously through them and their successes and when good things happen to them I’m as proud as proud can be. I cheer them on as though they are my own kids in the final round of a spelling bee
and in return all I ask is a nod in the dedication of their first book. So to be mentioned by them because they think my little blog is worth mentioning, well that’s just about the weirdest nicest thing I can ever imagine them doing for me. Just little old me who likes to rant about random crap on my little old blog.
As part of the award, I am to tell you 11 things about myself. I’ll wait here while you get your slumber mask and blankie.
1. I defriended my mom from Facebook because all her status updates were about church potlucks and missing pets. (In her defense, I don’t think one has anything to do with the other). The jello mold industry is alive and well thanks to my mother and her gal pals.
2. I overthink things. Everything. No matter how simple or mundane.
3. I suffer from guilt. About everything. No matter how simple or mundane. Interestingly, I did not feel guilty about defriending my mom from Facebook. Hmm!
4. I hate shopping. I cannot express this point strongly enough.
5. I love Nutella. One time I ate the whole jar with a spoon and when the kids asked me where it was, I told them I found bugs in it and had to throw it out.
6. I should exercise more but I’m
sort of very lazy.
7. A friend and I once joked about having wine smoothies for breakfast in front of a PTO mom and we never got invited to another meeting.
8. I used to worry that other moms judged me. I don’t anymore. If they are wasting time judging me, that’s less time they are judging someone else. I consider it a public service that I provide. You are welcome everyone!
9. I love my kids but their constant bickering makes me want to drink bleach.
10. I am fascinated by true crime shows and documentaries.
11. My husband thinks I need an intervention because of my love of crime shows. So just to make him nervous, I like to throw ‘life insurance’ into random conversations! Then I smile sweetly in a crazy lady sort of way. He does not find it funny.
The second part of the awards requires that I pay my good fortune forward and nominate 11 others who, like me, are fabulously talented and whose audience totals less than 3,000. I would have picked the ‘under 200′ category, but these blogs all may have 2,999 followers already. Many of them have even been Freshly Pressed. (Well la-tee-da!!! I run with the fancy schmancy crowd.) They definitely deserve it. Their mantles are already full, I am sure, with accolades so this is mainly just for me to let them know I really enjoy their work.
Without further ado, I tip my hat to the following people and strongly suggest you check them out if you haven’t already.
…And the Liebster Awards go to:
Enjoy your day everyone!